Energetic, mentally quick Aries needs a cupcake to match a competitive attitude. No plain yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting for them. Go exotic and rich with exciting flavor combinations they've never had before.
courtesy of the Cake Doctor
To that end, try these Pear and Maple Cupcakes, adapted from an adaption from Australian Women's Weekly.
- 2 medium pears, grated
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup walnut or pecan gems
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place paper baking cups in 12 muffin cup pan.
- Strain the juice from the grated pear, and squeeze out as much juice from the pears as you can.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon with an electric or stand mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Add flour and mix until just combined. Fold in nuts and pears.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Frost with Black Walnut Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting.