- 6 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces (8 tablespoons) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt white chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of water that is not quite simmering. Make sure the bottom of the bowl rests several inches above the surface of the water. Stir chocolate until smooth and let cool to room temperature on the countertop.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a medium-sized bowl. Using a whisk, stir in the milk until all of the sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth. Add butter, vanilla extract, and salt and continue to beat until smooth and shiny. With a rubber spatula, stir in the cooled white chocolate.
- Place frosting in the refrigerator until cool enough to frost the cupcakes, about 30 minutes.