I know it's been a long time since you've heard from me, and I am sorry for that. Life sometimes gets crazy and that is what happened here. But I am back with a yummy, yummy recipe for you! I've recently started following a vegetarian lifestyle, and as such, fruit has suddenly become so sweet and tasty for me. Don't get me wrong...I've always loved fruit, now I just love it even more!
Raspberry and Apple Cupcakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 2 tbsp extra to sprinkle
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Place the eggs, sour cream, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and apple in a blow and stir together. Sift the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon over the top and fold through.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan and top with the raspberries. Sprinkle with the extra granulated sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool slightly then turn out and dust with confectioners sugar.