Anyway, I wanted to share a fun baseball themed cupcake recipe with you, using the old baseball standbys--Peanuts and Cracker Jacks®.
- 1 (18.25 oz) pkg chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 (1.4 oz) package Cracker Jacks®, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place paper baking cups in 24 muffin cups.
- Place cake mix, sour cream, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric or stand mixer for 1 minute on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes. Divide the batter equally between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp Cracker Jacks® and 1 tbsp chopped peanuts on top of batter. Bake 18-22 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- While cupcakes are baking, prepare caramel glaze. Melt butter in saucepan and stir in brown sugar. Stir and boil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cool till lukewarm; add milk. Gradually add in confectioners sugar, stirring until desired consistency is obtained. Add more milk if needed.
- Remove cupcakes from oven. While the cupcakes are still hot, pour the caramel glaze over the top of them--it will fill in the nooks and crannies between the Cracker Jacks® and peanuts quite nicely. Cool completely.