Yep, another key lime cupcake recipe for you! I may have mentioned before that I am allergic to key limes, but this recipe works just as well with regular limes (which is good, because I really love the lime-y flavor!)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 pkg butter recipe yellow cake mix (18.25 oz)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp grated key lime peel (or regular lime peel)
- 3 eggs
- Creamy Key Lime Frosting
- Heat oven to 350°. Line muffin cups with paper baking liners. Mix cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in medium bowl. Place approx 1 tablespoon crumb mixture in the bottom of each paper liner. Press down.
- Add enough water to line juice to measure 1 1/3 cups. Beat cake mix, softened butter, lime juice mixture, lime peel, and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Divide batter equally between muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely. Frost with Creamy Key Lime Frosting.