It is starting to feel like fall and I am craving pumpkin. Pretty much pumpkin anything, but I am pretty sure these cupcakes will fit the bill.
- 2 1/4 c. flour, sift before measuring
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ginger
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 3/4 c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with liners (this makes about 18). In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in pumpkin.
3. Alternate stirring in the dry ingredients and the milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Scrape down the bowl and stir until blended. Spoon into liners and bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.