- 2 cups crushed strawberries (about 2 small square baskets)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 pkg powdered pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine crushed strawberries and sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine pectin and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over HIGH heat. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pectin to strawberry mixture. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved (about 3 minutes).
- Ladle strawberry mixture into clean freezer containers (I used 8 oz Ziploc containers, but I have used jelly jars in the past), leaving 1/2-inch space (since things grow when frozen!). Apply lids and let jam stand in refrigerator until set (no longer than 24 hours). Freeze (make sure to leave 1 container in the fridge--we are going to use it for cupcakes!).
- Enjoy! Yummy, yummy, yummy!